Book Excerpt from The Prophecy

“What happened?”
“I awoke from a nightmare and found this small ball of golden light hovering before my bed,” Eveline whispered not wanting anyone close by to hear, fearing they would deem her insane.
“It was a dream?”
“No it was real,” Eveline said turning her eyes to him. “I got out of my bed and went to stand before it but then it moved and I found myself following it out of my room, down the corridor and stairs till I stood before the cottage door. Then it disappeared through the door and so I had to open it and follow it down the garden path. And then something altogether strange happened.”
“Yes?”
“I was guided down to the shores of the lake and stopped before the water, but the ball of light kept moving until it hovered over the centre of the lake, bidding me to follow but I could not, for I cannot walk on water,” Eveline said with wide eyes. “But then it came to me and pushed be onto the water where indeed I did find myself walking upon it. Finally I came to stand at the centre of the lake and the ball of light suddenly turned into a door.”
“A door?”
“Yes a door, small and golden.”
“What did you do?” Galean asked, filled with curiosity and wonder.
“I opened it and found myself falling through time itself until I awoke upon a marble floor within the folds of a great palace,” Eveline said with bright eyes. “The most beautiful palace you could ever imagine Galean, with a glass roof in the shape of a star.”
“How beautiful,” Galean whispered into her hair. He knew the palace she spoke of, it was the royal palace of Caci, the city and seat of the High King, her father.
“When I stood up, I found myself surrounded by a thick mass of people, standing to the side of a path that led down the centre of the nave, coming to an end before two thrones and a baptismal font,” Eveline went on, her eyes becoming glazed. “The thrones were beautiful, made of copper, gold and silver. When I stood up, the great doors of the hall opened and a procession entered made up of a young couple with their baby and what looked to be a priest, followed by more men in similar attires. I stood within the congregation and watched on as the couple made their way up the nave of the hall towards the font, the baby in the arms of the woman who I later came to know as the High Queen Unyae.”
“What did she look like?” Galean asked prompting Eveline to furrow her brows.
“That is the intriguing part,” she whispered. “This will sound odd and odd it was to me too, but she was in my likeness.”
“How do you mean?”
“She too had auburn hair and golden eyes like me,” Eveline said, her eyelashes flickering gently. “And when I found myself looking down at the baby, she too was alike her mother. I felt a strange sensation run through me as though I were a part of that child.”
“And the King?”
“He was tall and proud with keen eyes and a caring face,” Eveline said, finding comfort in the image of the King. “I could see his intelligence and strength in the eyes of the child and felt in that moment that she was greatly loved.”
You were, Galean whispered inwardly.
“The priest blessed the child and strangely enough said these very words,” Eveline took a moment to think. “Child of the Heavens, child of the Earth, we submit you into the arms of Heiden, God of the Heavens, and God of the Earth.” Eveline turned her body slightly so that her neck did not hurt when looking into Galean’s face. “Strange that he should use the name of your God don’t you think? And remember this was before I knew of Heiden myself.”
“Strange indeed,” Galean mused, hoping his eyes would not betray him.
“So I thought too,” Eveline said turning her head around, laying it back against his chest once more. “Then I fell back through time and found myself upon the grass, overshadowed by…by.”
“You don’t need to say his name, I know the rest of the story,” Galean soothed quietly.
“Do you not think me strange Mr Edwards?”
“No,” Galean said firmly.
“Then how do you account for such an event? Does this happen to every angel?”
“You said that all things come from something remember?” Galean replied.
“Yes.”
“Maybe the dreams and visions you have are trying to tell you something?”
“I wish I could understand them in a way that would make sense to me,” Eveline sighed deeply with frustration. “But you are right, they must mean something for I felt something within me stir when finding myself within them.”
“Maybe in time you will come to understand their meaning,” Galean said kindly.
“Maybe you are right,” Eveline whispered. “But everything at the moment seems to confuse me Mr Edwards, your revelations and my visions.”
“You said that Lagar had spoken to you, may I ask again what it was that he said?”

“He said that I had been hidden away like my mother,” Eveline said with grave eyes. “That she had been brought low, hidden from her people. That she would cry for my existence, that she wept when she held me in her arms, drawing her last breathe, with the knowledge that she been left destitute and alone like me.”


© Iseult O'Shea and OneCrown&TwoThrones, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Iseult O'Shea and OneCrown&TwoThrones with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Comments

Popular Posts